Your privacy is important to us. This California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) Disclosure is provided by The Crystal Shrine LLC. The Crystal Shrine LLC entities providing this Disclosure are referred to in this Disclosure as “we”, “us” or "The Crystal Shrine" and include The Crystal Shrine LLC. subsidiaries and affiliates. This Disclosure explains how we collect, use, and disclose personal information relating to California residents that is subject to the CCPA.
Information Covered by This Statement
This Privacy Statement applies to information, including personal information, collected about you by The Crystal Shrine. Personal information is information that could reasonably allow you or your household to be identified. Some The Crystal Shrine sites may contain links to non-The Crystal Shrine sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of those sites. We recommend you review the privacy policies of each site you visit.
Information We Collect
We may collect information about you from a variety of sources, including information we collect from you directly; information we collect about you when you visit our sites, use our services, make purchases, or view our online advertisements; and information we collect about you from other sources. We collect personal information about our users over time and across different websites when you use this website or service. Third party service providers may also collect personal information this way.
Information we collect directly from you:
We collect information directly or indirectly through your use of the website, register with our site, participate in our offers and programs, purchase products from our site or in stores, call Customer Care, or otherwise provide information directly to us. The following are examples of information we may collect directly from you:
- Name, email address, postal address.
- Username and password.
- Phone number or mobile number.
- Geolocation information.
- Date of birth.
- Demographic information.
- Payment information (such as a credit card) and transaction history.
- Future communication preferences.
Information we collect when you visit our sites, use our services, or view our online advertisements:
- Your browser type and operating system.
- Web pages you view.
- Links you click.
- IP address.
- Site you visited before coming to our site.
- The Crystal Shrine emails you open and/or forward.
- The Crystal Shrine offers or links you connect to via emails.
Information we collect from other sources:
We may obtain information about you from other sources, including commercially available sources, such as data aggregators and public databases. The following are examples of information we may collect from other sources:
- Name, postal address.
- Income level.
- Marital status and number of children.
- Your interests such as hobbies and pets.
- Consumer and market research data.
- Purchase behavior.
- Publicly observed data or activities, such as blogs, videos, internet postings, user generated content, and in-store shopping behavior.
All of the information we collect about you may be combined, which helps us tailor our communications to you and maximize your customer experience with The Crystal Shrine.
“Do Not Track”
Do Not Track (DNT) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. When a user turns on DNT, the browser may send a signal or other message to web services requesting that they “do not track” the user. At this time, we do not change our practices in response to Do Not Track browser settings. For information about do not track, visit www.allaboutdnt.org.
How We Use This Information
To provide offers, products and services. We use the information we collect to provide the products and services you request, to tell you about other products and services offered by The Crystal Shrine, and to manage our sites and services.
The following are ways we may use the information we collect about you:
- Send offers and information.
- Develop new products and services.
- Enroll you in contests, programs, or offers you request.
- To provide you with other services.
- Create and manage your account.
- Process payment for purchases or other services.
- Protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions.
- Provide you with customized, unsolicited offers and information about The Crystal Shrine products and services.
- Develop and provide advertising tailored to your interests.
- Analyze the use of our products, services and sites.
- Understand how you arrived at our site.
- Determine the effectiveness of our advertising.
- Enforce our Terms and Conditions and otherwise manage or protect our business.
- In the event of a sale of The Crystal Shrine, we may transfer your information as part of the transaction.
Your Choices & Access to Your Information
We give you choices about how we communicate with you.
Electronic and Mobile Communications. We only send you promotional mobile or email messages if you provide us with your contact information and opt in to receive the messages. You can stop receiving promotional mobile and email messages from The Crystal Shrine by following the instructions provided in any such message you receive.
You agree that by opting-in and providing your wireless telephone number to The Crystal Shrine you’re expressly consenting to receive automated marketing text messages from The Crystal Shrine to the mobile number provided. Consent is not required to purchase goods or services. You further understand that your information will be used as described here.
Postal Mail. We may mail you unsolicited offers or product information that we believe is of interest to you. Promotional postal mail may contain opt out instructions, and you can stop receiving promotional postal mail from us by following those instructions.
Access. You can view, correct or update the personal contact information you provide us by navigating to “My Crystal Shrine” and logging in with your username and password.
How to Opt-In and Opt-Out of Communications
Our Site provides you the opportunity to opt-in and to opt-out of receiving communications from The Crystal Shrine. To have your information removed from The Crystal Shrine database, please contact us with your request online, by email or by phone as follows:
Online. Visit the “Contact Us” form on our website, and submit the completed form.
By email. Send an email to email@example.com from your email address of record with a subject line of UNSUBSCRIBE.
Click “Unsubscribe.” Each email we send you contains an “UNSUBSCRIBE” link at the bottom of the email. Open your email, click “UNSUBSCRIBE”, and follow the instructions on the screen to change your communication preferences.
By phone. Call 1-818-955-5114 and ask to be removed from future mailings.
PLEASE NOTE: If you choose to stop receiving promotional messages from us, we will honor your request. However, we will continue to send you service related communications with respect to transactions and we may need to keep the transaction information we have collected about you for record keeping, to the extent permitted by law.
Tracking Tools: Cookies, Web Beacons and other Technologies
We may use tracking tools to serve you with interest-based advertising and to better understand your behaviors and browsing activities. We permit third parties to gather information through our websites, including for behavioral advertising purposes. You can opt out of online behavioral advertising by going to www.aboutads.info/choices.
Web Beacons. Web beacons are small bits of code embedded in web pages or in emails. We use web beacons to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited a web page, and to understand usage patterns. We also include web beacons in e-mails to learn if messages have been opened, acted on, or forwarded.
Other Technologies. Examples of other technologies we may use to provide better service to you include:
- Web Session Variables. Information that is passed from one web URL to another as you browse.
- Browser plug-ins/add-ons. Additional web components that may need to be installed to enable certain web features on our sites. You have the option not to install these components.
Information Sharing, Service Partners and Affiliates
Third-party service providers. We rely on third-party service providers to perform a variety of services on our behalf. In so doing, we may need to share your personal information with them. Please note that we provide our service providers with only the personal information they need to perform their services and we require that they protect this information and not use it for any other purpose.
For example, we may rely on a service provider to:
- Fulfill your product and service requests and answer your questions.
- Host our sites and deliver our email and mobile messages.
- Contact contest winners, manage payments or take other actions on our behalf.
- Analyze data, sometimes combined with other sources, to send more targeted communications to you.
- Conduct research and analyze data to improve our products, services and sites.
In addition, we may also rely on a service provider to:
- Combine personal information about you that The crystal Shrine has collected with personal information about you that our business partner has collected so we can jointly send tailored promotional communications to you. In such instances, our business partner will not have direct access to any information we share about you with the service provider, and only the service provider will be allowed to use the combined set of information to send you joint communications that we hope will be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive these joint communications, you can always opt-out by following the instructions provided in any such communication or by logging in to your account on TheCrystalShrine.com and changing your communication settings.
- Perform other services that we request.
We provide these companies with the personal information they need to provide these services on our behalf. We require these companies to protect this personal information and to not use the information for any other purpose.
Other situations. We may disclose your personal information:
- If The Crystal Shrine, a The Crystal Shrine entity or business is sold to another company;
- To protect and defend the rights and property of our customers, the public, or The Crystal Shrine (including enforcing our Terms and Conditions); and
- When we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with law, regulatory requirements, or requests from public authorities.
Aggregated, deidentified and non-personal information. We may share aggregated information that cannot identify you for general business analysis. For example, we may disclose the number of visitors to The Crystal Shrine sites or services.
User Generated Content
We use technical, administrative, and procedural measures in an attempt to safeguard your personal and other information from unauthorized access or use. No such measure is ever 100% effective and we do not guarantee that your personal and other information will be secure from theft, loss, or unauthorized access or use, and we make no representation as to the reasonableness, efficacy, or appropriateness of the measures we use to safeguard such information. Users are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of their own passwords. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us by contacting us at 1-818-955-5114.
Please note that email may not be encrypted and cannot be considered a secure means of transmitting credit card numbers. The Crystal Shrine will never ask you to submit your credit card information via email.
Children's Online Privacy
We believe it is important to provide added protection for children online. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children to participate in and monitor their online activity.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 online.
Contact UsIf you have questions or concerns regarding your privacy, please contact The Crystal Shrine directly. Contact Us by Mail:
The Crystal Shrine, LLC
Attn: Customer Service
1006 N Lima St.
Burbank, CA, 91505
Contact Us by Phone:
Monday – Saturday : 11 AM to 6 PM PST
Sunday: 11 AM to 5 PM PST
Changes to This Privacy Statement
We will post changes to this Privacy Statement and update the effective date when this Privacy Statement is updated. The changes will take effect as soon as posted. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
State and Country Specific InformationCALIFORNIA
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as Senate Bill 27, if you are a California resident and The Crystal Shrine has an established business relationship with you, you have the right to request information from The Crystal Shrine, free of charge, regarding the manner in which The Crystal Shrine shares certain categories of your personal information with third parties (whether collected online or offline), for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. California law provides that you have the right to submit a request to The Crystal Shrine at its designated address and receive the following information: 1. The categories of information The Crystal Shrine disclosed to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year; 2. The names and addresses of third parties that received such information; and 3. If the nature of a third party's business cannot be reasonably determined from the third party's name, examples of the products or services marketed, subject to certain exceptions. You are entitled to receive a copy of this information in a standardized format and the information will not be specific to you individually.
For purposes of this paragraph, “The Crystal Shrine” means The Crystal Shrine stores and the site. “Third Party” means a business that is outside the The Crystal Shrine family, and affiliates of The Crystal Shrine, LLC. You will notice that the “Third Parties” listed in this notice are The Crystal Shrine affiliates. These affiliates are listed as “Third Parties” because, under Senate Bill 27, any business that is a separate legal entity must be listed as a “Third Party.”Our The Crystal Shrine affiliates or thrid parties who may have received your information are as follows:
- AzureGreen 16 Bell Rd PO Box 48 Middlefield, MA 01243-0048
CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT OF 2018 (CCPA)
You have the right to request, twice a year and free of charge, information that The Crystal Shrine collects, uses, discloses and sells by following the instructions under “How to Make a Request” below.
You may delete your personal information collected or maintained by The Crystal Shrine by following the instructions under “How to Make a Request” below. We cannot keep a record of individuals whose personal information we have deleted so you may be contacted again by us, should we come into possession of your personal information at a later date.
If you decide to delete your personal information, you may lose out on coupons and other targeted incentives that may save you money. In order to keep these incentives, The Crystal Shrine must have access to your Identifiers and Commercial Information listed below. You can opt-in to these incentives by joining our loyalty program; however, if you request to have your personal information deleted via the methods listed below, you will no longer have access to these incentives.
If you exercise your rights under the CCPA, The Crystal Shrine will not discriminate against you.
How to Make a Request
To make such a request, please submit your request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You also may contact us via our customer care line at 1-818-955-5114. Once the request is submitted you will receive an email to the email address you have mentioned in the request that you have to confirm your submission. You will have seven days to take this action, once confirmed The Crystal Shrine will take action on your request for information or request for delete in 45 days. If more time is needed to respond, The Crystal Shrine will notify you. You may use an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf.
The Crystal Shrine has collected, will collect and has disclosed the personal information in the last 12 months described in the categories below:
- Identifiers: A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver's license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)): A name, signature, address, telephone number, driver's license or state identification card number, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law: Age (40 years or older), sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression) or veteran or military status
- Commercial information: Products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Biometric information: Behavioral, characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information.
- Internet or other similar network activity: Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
- Geolocation data: Physical location or movements.
- Inferences drawn from other personal information: Profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
Vermont law places additional limits on sharing information about Vermont residents. As long as a user remains a resident of Vermont, we will not share information we collect about Vermont residents to companies outside of The Crystal Shrine or to The Crystal Shrine affiliates, except:
- To companies that perform marketing or other services on our behalf;
- Contact information (like name and address), and transaction information (such as your payment history), with companies we have Joint Marketing Agreements with;
- With the authorization or consent of the Vermont resident; or
- As permitted or required by law.
The Crystal Shrine complies with Canadian Federal and Provincial privacy laws and regulations including the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.
The Crystal Shrine will only use your personal information for the purposes intended and as detailed in this Privacy Statement unless we have obtained your consent to use it for other purposes.
Residents of Canada are notified that the personal information they provide to The Crystal Shrine is stored in the company's databases outside of Canada including in the United States and may be subject to disclosure to authorized law enforcement or government agencies in response to lawful demand pursuant to the laws of that country.
Consumers With Disabilities
We are committed to world-class service for all of our guests. In compliance with the Americans With Disabilities Act As Amended and other state, local and provincial laws, we provide effective communication with our hearing-impaired customers and assistance for customers with any special need. Please let us know how we can accommodate you!
This site is owned and operated by The Crystal Shrine, LLC. located at 1006 N Lima St., Burbank, California 91505. Last Updated: May 2020